This article covers the death of 22 month-old Theodore “Ted” McGee, who passed away on Feb. 14 when an IKEA product tipped over onto him. Ted’s parents, who are from Apple Valley, Minn., did not hear any sound from the incident and thought Ted was sleeping. Both IKEA and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are investigating McGee’s death. The article contains statements from Commission spokesperson Scott Wolfson, as well as Commission chairman Elliot Kaye. IKEA’s recall response is discussed, as well as the Commission’s requirements that companies must take “every possible step to prevent further harm” if there has been a public announcement about a remedy for a dangerous product.

Read the article

Parents of any child injured by a dresser that has overturned — whether IKEA or any other brand — are urged to contact Feldman Shepherd to share their story and discuss their legal options. The firm can be reached at (844) 480-0100 or by filling out the form below.

Report Incident